Amanda Jean - Minnesota based Hair and Makeup Artist
What makes your artistry unique?: My ability to see colors for what they are and using them to my advantage. Custom blending unique palettes and shades per individual to enhance their natural beauty and play up their true tones. Being able to create textures, shadows and highlights to give you that chiseled jawline you’ve always dreamed of. Achieving sultry bright doe-eyes, capturing your beautiful post workout flush (or post wine, whatever you’re into) a flirtatious pout, radiant skin and a lit from within glow.
What inspires you? The clients that sit in my chair and hearing about their failures, successes, dreams and biggest fears. Makeup artists hold a very intimate position and many times we have the opportunity to prepare you for battle. Not only will you look fierce, be comfortable in your skin and feel the best version of yourself but you will be able to enter your wedding, funeral or job interview with your head proudly held high. I am also inspired by all forms of art and other artists. Previously a painter, makeup has become my medium.
• Gardening and Herbalism
• Hanging with my kitties
• Exploring new venues, restaurants, cities and cultures
• Antiquing and refurbishment
• Reading non fiction and watching documentaries
• The science of skin
Specialty: No makeup-makeup, glam, classic beauty, teaching, editorial, commercial, multicultural.
Education & Experience:
• Scot Lewis 2007
• Distribution and vendor training Aerial Company. Deva Curl, Paul Mitchell, Matrix, Wella, Schwarzkopf, Goldwell, Rusk, GHD, Kenra, TIGI, Bumble and Bumble, Living Proof
• Working with local artists. MCAD, Twin Cities Film Festival, Rock for Pussy, Minneapolis Aquatennial, Soap Factory
• Manager and trainer for Sephora
• Trained hands on by artists from Makeup Forever, Anastasia, Nars, Bare Minerals, Benefit, Bite Beauty, Bobbi Brown, Kevyn Aucoin,, Dior, Huda Beauty, Josie Maran, Kat Von D, Laura Mercier, TooFaced, Marc Jacbos Beauty, Smashbox, Tarte, Lancome, YSL
• I personally have traveled and educated other artists with Urban Decay, Glo Minerals, Milk Makeup, Cover FX, Farmacy Skincare and Warpaint International.